But why do we really love reading or using quotes? It is because quotes serve as inspirations and they provide motivation. Oftentimes, quotes convey life or circumstances in a nutshell. Quotes affect our standpoint in life. The memorable sayings made by someone will be carried on for generations to bring knowledge and insight. Most people do not even have an idea who the original speakers of this wisdom were, but their sayings are what will keep them fathomless and constant.
In the world of internet marketing, quotations made by successful marketers can be used not only as an inspiration but it would also help us analyze their drive into becoming the successful persons they are today.
You can find below a diverse selection of famous quotes from online marketing heroes and I’m hoping that with them you will find true inspiration to be successful in online marketing.
1. “I was just pursuing what I enjoyed doing. I mean, I was pursuing my passion.”
- Pierre Omidyar, eBay
2. “You can chase whatever keywords and phrases you like, but at the end of the day it’s all about those conversions.”
- Matt Webb, SEO Honolulu
3. “If we wanted to sell ad banners, we could call DoubleClick and be profitable today ... But we can be more successful in the long run if we grow our user base…”
- Sergey Brin, Google
4. “My rule of thumb is build a site for a user not a spider.”
- Dave Naylor, DavidNaylor.co.uk (DaveN)
5. “It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
- Bill Gates, Microsoft
6. “Over the past six years I've had many difficulties. But I never lost my passion.”
- Robin Li, Baidu
7. “People used to think that the web was somehow different from offline, that anyone could just slap up a web page and get results overnight. There might have been a few that got lucky somehow, but it's not like that. You have to build a real business online, and then it's hard work, it's making something good. It's like any business; you can't just open up a store somewhere and expect to get business. It's all marketing, and it's really come full circle now, with people trying to understand that you have to market your web site online and offline and any way that you can.”
- Jill Whalen, High Rankings
8. “SEO isn’t an entitlement program. It’s an ongoing investment that must be resourced properly. It’s not a one-hit, one-phrase paradigm. It’s not built on quick wins for trophy phrases. There are hard costs and soft costs associated with building a successful SEO strategy that deserve proper budget allocations.”
- P.J. Fusco, The ClickZ Network
9. “We're just going to concentrate on what we've always done, which is to create the best possible online directory, adding content and other features along the way when it makes sense.”
-Jerry Yang, Yahoo! Inc.
10. “In the absence of communication among your customers, advertising rules.”
- Don Peppers, Peppers & Rogers Group and 1to1 Media
11. “When I started eBay, it was a hobby, an experiment to see if people could use the Internet to be empowered through access to an efficient market. I actually wasn't thinking about it in terms of a social impact. It was really about helping people connect around a sphere of interest so they could do business.”
- Pierre Omidyar, eBay
12. “Success from a business standpoint or marketing standpoint with social networks is centered around people being transparent and honest, and in putting information out there that gives an indication of what they're really like."
- Lee Odden, TopRank Online Marketing
13. “Search is about figuring out what people are looking for when they enter keywords into their favorite search engine. Social media is what people are actually saying to each other; they’re telling us what they’re looking for. We, as marketers, should be able to fit it all together pretty nicely.”
- Norm Elrod
14. “If content is king, then conversion is queen.”
- John Munsell, Bizzuka
Peter Zmijewski who is called as a internet marketing guru is the founder and CEO of KeywordSpy.com . You can find more information about him at PeterZmijewski.com
See this Amp at http://amplify.com/u/fwxr