Friday, November 11, 2011

People Are Strange,So Test Your PPC Ads





To achieve the highest click-through rates for your PPC adverts, you need to ensure that your ad copy is laser-targeted and then conduct more testing than a Korean nuclear scientist. And then, once you have finished testing, you need to test some more.





You see, we are all smarter than Einstein’s underwear, but we actually have no idea which ads will really perform until we have tested them. I have lost count of the times I have been shocked that the ad I thought would underperform blasted the CTR’s of the other ads out of the water. This is because, in the words of Mr Jim Morrison, ‘People Are Strange’.



How Do I Test My PPC Ads?



This is how I do it:



I always run 4 ads per adgroup (making sure that with Adwords, your campaign settings are set to ‘rotate’ and not ‘optimise’), initially to find the best performing of the 4 and then to use that ad as my ‘control ad’.



Then, I duplicate the control ad another 2 times so that 3 of the 4 ads being rotated are my control ad, with one new ad being tested. I do this because if the new ad being tested bombs, it will only account for one quarter of impressions. I then replace the new ad and keep testing. Once a new ad out-performs my control ad, that ad becomes the control ad. Then, I continue to do this happily ever after.



You will be amazed at how well this works, and how it gradually increases your adgroups CTR.



If you aren’t doing this or something similar, you are a dunderhead, but I don’t mind because it leaves higher click-through rates  for the rest of us.









Peter Zmijewski is the founder and CEO at KeywordSpy. Through Internet Marketing he places his name on great search engine like-GOOGLE who is also called as Innovator, Investor, Internet Marketing Guru and Entrepreneur. For more updates don’t go away, please stay with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment